Friends of St Mary’s Parish Church Barnard
What are Friends for?
- To provide a way for all those who value the place of the church in the community to express their support
- To assist the PCC “to maintain, repair, restore, preserve, improve, beautify and reconstruct for the benefit of the public the fabric of St Mary’s Church, its Parish Hall and its churchyard”
- To encourage interest and participation of visitors and pilgrims from both home and abroad in the life of St Mary’s Church
What are the benefits of membership?
- Acknowledgment in special Book of Thanksgiving
- Newsletter containing items of interest and details of forthcoming events at St Mary’s
- Annual Friends Festival
- Invitations to special events and activities
- A warm welcome to regular services and other parish activities
- Tours of the church for visiting groups (by arrangement)
How can I become a
Simply Download an application form (pdf file, 10Kb). It does not matter where you live or if you are not a regular Church worshipper.
How much does it cost?
Individual Membership £5 pa.
Corporate Membership £25 pa.
Life Membership £75
Life Membership for Couple £100
If you would like more information on the work of the Friends or would like to make a gift, please contact us by writing to:
The Treasurer, Friends of St Mary's
Bridge End View, Bridge End,
Barnard Castle DL12 9BE
you can follow us on Facebook
Registered Charity Number: 1097736